Lab & Wastewater Treatment Technician
Chief Fabrication is seeking a Lab & Wastewater Treatment Technician to join the Chief team. This position will perform chemical titrations, additions, and paint testing. The person in this position will also sample, monitor and operate the Wastewater Treatment within NDPES permit requirements.
- Monitor, sample and adjust the wastewater treatment to stay in compliance with all state and federal discharge regulations.
- Troubleshoot wastewater and powder coat paint systems.
- Safely perform bath makeup charge, replenish and complete chemical titrations.
- Maintains and calibrates process control equipment related to powder coat painting and water treatment areas.
- Ensures proper utilization of machines, tools and equipment; provides timely information to department Supervisor regarding needed maintenance and cleaning of production equipment ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Holds current Nebraska Wastewater Treatment operator’s license class 1 or higher, or take additional classroom training to obtain class 1 operator’s license with 6 months of hire.
- Requires technical knowledge of pretreatment, powder coat processes, chemistry and quality procedures general gain in 3-5 years’ experience.
- 1st Shift – 5:00am – 3:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.