Powder Coat Lead
Chief Fabrication is seeking a Powder Coat Lead to join the Chief team. This position assists in the training and direction of employees in the production area and assures that all department personnel are informed of and adhere to all company rules, regulation, and policies.
- Sets-up the paint system for proper sequencing of gaps for color, product, customer changes and production needs.
- Works to improve handling, hanging, racking, and line density.
- Maintains compliance to all quality control procedures and standards.
- Insures proper utilization of machines, tools and equipment providing timely information to department Supervisor regarding needed maintenance to production equipment ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Is able to lead, train and direct 10+ employees within the department.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Proven leadership, communication, and organizational skills are necessary.
- 3-5 years' manufacturing experience needed, powder coat experience preferred.
- The use of a computer and the ability to promote continuous improvements are necessary.
- 1st Shift – 7:00am – 3:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.