Chief Agri is seeking a Machinist to join the Chief team. This position will perform repairs and maintenance on existing dies, fixtures, and machine production parts as assigned.
- Shapes parts to close tolerances, making standard shop floor computations relating to the dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds of stock and cutting tools.
- Interprets written instructions and specifications in planning, layout, and setup of production parts.
- Uses various lathes, manual and CNC mills, grinders, band saw, and other machine tools to complete operations.
- Performs maintenance of and makes repairs to existing equipment such as dies, fixtures, and motor shafts.
- Operates overhead and jib cranes, forklift, or other appropriate material handling methods to move parts and position stock in machines.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Associates level degree or certified apprenticeship completion or an equivalent combination of on-the-job experience and education required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1st Shift – 6:00am – 4:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**