Structural Design Engineer (Licensed)
Chief Buildings is currently seeking a licensed Structural Design Engineer to join the Chief team. This position performs structural analysis and design for materials provided by Chief Buildings in accordance with the appropriate design criteria (codes and loads), steel specifications, customer’s agreement to purchase, and Chief’s design practices. Design that is provided is structurally sound, least weight/cost, and on schedule. Complexity of orders will consist of all levels, with larger volume of higher complexity work based on the Engineer’s abilities.
- Perform structural design of primary and secondary structural framing and connections on building orders.
- Remain current in knowledge and proficient in use of AISC and AISI material specifications, current and recent editions of ASCE 7 and IBC, and the MBMA Building Systems Manual. Proficient in various city, county, state, and international building codes.
- Maintain efficient, timely, legible, and easy to comprehend documentation of engineering designs and builder/customer interface information.
- Keep good established communication with all engineering and drafting department personnel during correlation of design/detail aspects as a building order proceeds through the engineering and drafting department.
- Maintain a high productivity rate with low errors, and ensure that all jobs are completed on or before the scheduled due date.
- Work with estimators, project managers, engineers, and detailers on utilization of Chief’s procedures and products to meet customer’s needs.
- Provide certification with seal and signature on Chief’s construction documents on orders in states with professional engineering licensure.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Construction Engineering, and/or M.S. Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or other related degree
- Degree from ABET accreditation and sufficient for future professional engineer licensure
- Licensed in at least one state
- 3-5 years of metal building design experience
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**