Chief Buildings is seeking a Machine Operator to join the Chief team. This position performs general machine operation, including set up of equipment, processing of parts, and final part inspection on various assigned equipment.
- Interpret company work guidelines as set in the computer system and/or shop fabs assigned to machine
- Responsible for machine/tooling set up and routine maintenance
- Metal fabrication with use of overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner utilizing required safety equipment and following safety policies
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Basic computer navigating
- Strong math skills, including fractions and decimals
- Metal fabricating experience
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm – 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.