Chief Fabrication is seeking an Estimator to join the Chief team. This position estimates the cost of material, tooling, and labor for customer bid specifications. This will position will also contact customer personnel as necessary to clarify bid specifications, create prints or modify customer prints as necessary.
- Estimates the cost of material, tooling and labor for customer designed bid specifications.
- Verify machine tooling exists for necessary production operations and designs and sources new tooling when required.
- Contact customer as necessary to clarify bid specifications and answer customer questions regarding completed quotes.
- Clarify quotation information and customer specifications for production operators.
- May design or recommend design modifications of parts where information is incomplete or requested by customers.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Degree in Manufacturing Technology, Construction Management, Mathematics, Finance/Business, or related field.
- 3-5 years steel manufacturing or estimating/costing experience.
- Requires knowledge of costing and manufacturing methods.
- 1st Shift – 8:00am – 5:00pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**