Chief Buildings is currently seeking a Shipping Assistant to join the Chief team. This position assists with loading flatbed trailers with finished product by placing, rearranging, and using blocking to create a secure load to be safely transported to customers. It requires work at heights up to 13 feet 6 inches with fall protection.
- Use of overhead cranes, fork truck, crowbar, nail gun, chop saw, banding, and other material handling equipment
- Work with lead person/loader in improving shipping methods and procedures in order to be more efficient in loading
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner utilizing required safety equipment and following safety policies
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Must be able to learn to drive spotter truck, hook up to trailer, and back 53’ trailer into building
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Requires good communication skills with loader to ensure correct product is loaded onto trailer
- 1st Shift – 6:00am – 4:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Nebraska, Indiana, and South Carolina.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**