Chief Agri is seeking a Tool Maker to join the Chief team. This position designs, builds, repairs and performs maintenance of dies, fixtures, jigs, and equipment.
- Plans and lays out work according to drawings, blueprints, or other written/oral specification which may require design skills.
- Understands the working properties of common metals and alloys; selects appropriate tools, materials, and processes to complete tasks within close tolerances. Understands the concept and uses of precision measuring equipment.
- Makes necessary shop computations; sets up and operates conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes or milling machines to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes. Develops and/or modifies programming for CNC equipment.
- Applies a continuous improvement philosophy to constantly improve work quality and reduce total costs.
- Completes necessary records and reports on machining activity, work completed, and time worked.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of machining and tool room practices generally gained in an Associates level degree or certified apprenticeship program and 1-3 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to work well in a team atmosphere, possessing flexibility and adaptability.
- Must furnish a basic set of tools and precision measuring instruments as required.
- 1st Shift – 6:00am – 4:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.