Apprentice - Machine Operator
Chief Buildings is seeking a Machine Operator Apprentice to join our team. Apprentice Machine Operators are entry-level professionals developing their skills regarding the trade. Apprentice will work closely with lead people and designated mentors.
Responsibilities, Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- This is a registered apprenticeship through the Career Pathways Institute. Only students through Career Pathways Institute can apply.
- Basic computer and writing skills.
- Basic math skills including fractions and decimals.
- Have a basic understanding of hand tools including tape measure, squares, protractors.
- Performs all duties in safe and efficient manner, utilizing required safety equipment. Keeps work area neat and orderly. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
Once trained you will;
- Have the ability to interpret fabrication drawings
- Be capable of maintaining compliance to all quality control procedures and standards.
- Have the ability to maximize quantity of assigned work completed.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the capacities and proper operation of assigned equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance of assigned machines.
- Properly complete all routine paperwork and computer data entry related to the job responsibilities.
- Have the ability to operate one or more of the following: punch press, shear, threader, or iron worker.
- Have the ability to operate overhead cranes and/or forklifts.
- Have the skill sets for machine tool set-up.
- Be provided with additional training opportunities to further your career.
- Dependent on student’s schedule
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.