Local Driving Opportunity
Chief Carriers is seeking a Lead Shag Driver to join the Chief team at our new Lancaster, SC location. In this position you will coordinate daily shipment and delivery operations for the facility. You will lead a team of 3-5 local/regional drivers to ensure all daily work is completed on time in a safe, efficient manner. Pay ranges from $16 to $27 an hour, depending on experience.
If you are interested, please fill out our FULL DRIVER APPLICATION. If you do not have time for the full application, fill out the following form by clicking Apply
- Possess leadership skills and strives to see the success of others
- Able to self-manage to accomplish daily tasks on time
- Inspect equipment daily, report issues to the shop for direction
- Inspect preloaded trailers, discuss concerns with shipping to be corrected
- Reports any accident immediately to Safety Manager.
- Deliver or pick-up loads as needed.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Must have at least 2 years flatbed experience
- At least one year experience in a leadership or supervisory role
- Good driving record along with a valid CDL
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A subsidiary of Chief Industries, Chief Carriers is an irregular-route common and contract motor carrier. Customers depend on Chief Carriers to transport goods to 48 contiguous states because they know we provide quick response, accurate ETA’s, greater cargo security, logistics planning, and electronic data interchange support.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.