Chief Fabrication is seeking an Assembler to join the Chief team. This position performs the assembly and material handling of products in accordance with required specifications.
- Identify product and reads blueprints in order to perform an assortment of assembly components.
- Identify and recognize inventory for proper staging and line setup.
- Responsible for inventory control of component parts and assemblies.
- Assemble and package parts to avoid damage.
- Move material as needed by manually lifting or using a crane or forklift.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires an assembly background with 1-3 years' experience.
- Capable of reading a tape measure and using hand tools.
- Work efficiently in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- 1st Shift – 7:00am – 3:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.