Chief Carriers is seeking a Logistics Manager to join the Chief team. This position will be responsible for managing overall operations of Chief Logistics, to maximize profitability. Manage key indicators of revenue per mile and profit margin. Develop new business to sustain the brokerage operation producing a profit from that new business. Develop our carrier base and direct customer base to fit the needs of Chief Carriers and all Chief divisions.
- Will lead, manage and be accountable for Chief Logistics day-to-day operations and performance.
- Responsible for sales and marketing efforts for both Chief Carriers and Chief Logistics.
- Responsible for sales and revenue growth for both divisions.
- Responsible for freight lane pricing for Chief Carriers and Chief Logistics.
- Develop and expand carrier base as needed.
- Develop additional Chief inter-company business that can be moved by our fleet or through brokerage.
- Develop new direct customer base compatible with our own fleet, including backhauls, and new head haul business.
- Develop new direct customer base that can be brokered.
- Manage customer service with Chief divisions for inter-company business.
- Manage customer service with non-Chief customers.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manager broker(s) as volume dictates. Execute plan to scale brokerage operations.
- Maintain positive relationship with all Chief Carriers departments, Chief divisions, and outside customers.
- Keep brokerage receivables under 30 days.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years required in logistics industry with two years management experience
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A subsidiary of Chief Industries, Chief Carriers is an irregular-route common and contract motor carrier. Customers depend on Chief Carriers to transport goods to 48 contiguous states because they know we provide quick response, accurate ETA’s, greater cargo security, logistics planning, and EDI support.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**