Chief Fabrication is seeking a 2nd shift Leadperson to join the Chief team. This position will direct up to 15 employees on operation of CNC lasers, punches, saws and oversees material handling and automation resources of state-of-the-art-equipment.
- Monitors equipment & personnel in the area ensuring productivity throughout the shift.
- Maintains compliance to all quality control procedures and standards.
- Insures proper utilization of machine, tools and equipment; provides timely information to department supervisor regarding needed maintenance to production equipment ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Assists in training and direction of employees in the production area.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of laser or CNC punch operation and automation systems, manufacturing operations, and quality procedures generally gained in 3-5 years experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, ERP style software or similar data entry software, and general computer knowledge.
- 2nd Shift – 3:30pm – 12:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**