General Labor Worker
Chief Construction is seeking General Labor Workers to join the Chief team. These positions perform a wide variety of general labor activities as directed by the Project Superintendent. These positions will be based in Grand Island or Lexington.
- General labor includes: jobsite cleanup, following all safety rules and regulations on the jobsite, etc.
- Work around dangerous surroundings and equipment with necessary precautions
- Make good productive decisions without constant supervision
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner with respect to self and others
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Able to lift and carry 50 or more lbs on an occasional basis
- Pass company paid physical assessment and pre-employment drug screen
- Previous construction experience a plus
- Willing to travel or work non-regular hours as required to meet project commitments
- Ability to communicate with other employees and customers
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Construction has been your premier construction company in the Midwest since 1954. As design/build, general contracting, and construction management specialists, we focus on the entire process from concept through completion. Our success in the commercial, industrial, manufacturing, and institutional buildings segments can be attributed to our years of experience and to the use of the latest technological advances in planning, design, engineering, specifications, and construction.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.