Chief Fabrication is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join the Chief team. This position will perform various machine repairs, installation, and maintenance functions on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic factory equipment.
- Installs, relocates, or removes from service new and existing equipment.
- Makes repairs and performs preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment such as motors, productions machines, engines, hydraulics and pneumatic equipment.
- Accurately reads blueprints, schematics, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and wiring diagrams in making repair adjustments. Troubleshoots problems and plans necessary repairs.
- Knowledgeable in the area of construction; possessing plumbing, concrete, and carpentry skills for building repairs or reconstruction.
- Have the ability to wire and troubleshoot electrical circuits and controls.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic equipment usually gained in 1-3 years of experience and equivalent technical education.
- 1st shift - 6am - 3:30pm
- 2nd Shift – 3:30pm – 12:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.