Chief Buildings is seeking a 2nd shift Maintenance Mechanic. This position performs general maintenance and repairs on facility and industrial equipment, including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment.
- Mechanical knowledge, including pneumatics, hydraulics, and some basic electrical is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards and regulations.
- Basic welding experience preferred but not required
- Previous work exposure as a Maintenance Mechanic or equivalent.
- Basic computer, strong math and report writing skills.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Performs all duties in safe and efficient manner, utilizing required safety equipment. Keeps work area neat and orderly. Repairs unsafe conditions. Properly utilizes PPE and lock out / tag out.
- Troubleshoots and repairs industrial equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and makes necessary repairs on equipment.
- Installs wiring, conduit, etc.
- Accurately reads equipment manuals, drawings, micrometers, calipers and tape measures, in making repair and adjustments.
- Available to perform construction, plumbing, concrete and carpentry for building repair or reconstruction.
- Requisitions needed parts and supplies.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Capable of working at heights of 20’.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Properly complete all routine paperwork and computer data entry related to the job responsibilities.
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm - 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**