Sr. Contracts Specialist
Chevo is hiring an experienced Contracts Specialist to join our expanding firm. This position provides the opportunity for significant client interaction by learning the client’s business better than they know it and to become a trusted advisor. Ideal candidates will demonstrate versatility in understanding and performing work related to Federal Government Contract Management, including pre-award and post-award acquisition and contract management support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides acquisition support for pre-award and post-award contract actions, and the full range of contract administration support to procure and administer contracts, with an emphasis on Service Contracts
- Researches, solicits, locates sources, and procures a variety of products and/or services
- Aids acquiring organizations in performing market research, reviewing specifications and statements of work, and commenting on acquisition milestone plans
- Ensures that specifications and statements of work (SOW's) and/or Performance Work Statements (PWS) are prepared in a manner which adequately describes the client's requirements without restricting competition
- Advises technical personnel as to inadequate, ambiguous or vague specifications to avoid Government liability.
- Supports the preparation of solicitation/amendment documents
- Support the project team in the contract modification process
- Develop IGCE's
- Develop acquisition plans
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher ( no substitutions)
- 12+ years total work experience
- 8 to 10 years of prior federal government contracting experience as either a consultant or a federal employee
- Expertise in federal government contracting principles and procedures applicable to pre-award and post-award actions sufficient to provide advice on the award and administration of contracts for services and supplies
- Skills in interpreting and applying procurement guidelines, policies, and procedures to support the development of procurement and contract documents and reports
- Ability to write reports and correspondence in clear, concise language and in appropriate form and style; to make oral presentations; and to meet and deal effectively with co-workers
- DAWIA Level III or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, contract law, and procedures applicable to acquisition and contract administration including change orders, supplemental agreements, terminations, claims, and close out of contracts
- Knowledge of various types of contracts and contract methods to include simplified acquisitions, sealed bidding, negotiations, cost sharing, multiple awards, commercial items and special provisions
- Knowledge of federal government contract administration principles and practices sufficient to monitor contractor performance and compliance with all terms and conditions of the contract.
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMART card employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval and one of the fastest-growing private companies in America according to the 2011 Inc. 500|5000 list? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.