Project Manager, Data Management and Governance
Chevo is hiring an experienced Project Manager to lead a portfolio of data management and governance projects. This position provides significant client interaction by learning the client’s business needs and to become a trusted advisor. Ideal candidates will demonstrate experience in program/project management as well as experience and knowledge of data management and governance and understanding of the federal OPEN Data Government Act. Successful candidate will be an expert in data, creating solutions for data governance and managing data across silos to achieve desired results. Currently, all consultants are working remotely until further notice. At the appropriate time, this position will be located on-site with the client in Washington, DC.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development of a comprehensive data strategy and roadmap aligned to Federal Data Strategy and other federal CDO-related mandates.
- Support execution and management of data-related projects.
- Support development and implementation of enterprise data access, usage and sharing policies.
- Support and facilitate data governance.
- Support development and management of a comprehensive data-related knowledge management repository.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to clients
- Demonstrated experience executing Agile methodologies
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in data management to include managing a data life-cycle
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical management or business management related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years Federal program/project management experience
- Experience managing program/project with $5M annual budget
- Minimum of 10 years of information technology experience
- PMP certification
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to pass client clearance requirements
- Knowledge and experience in data architecture support
- Experience in working to achieve outcomes outlined in OPEN Government Data Act, Federal Data Strategy, and other federal data-related mandates
- Demonstrated experience leading/supervising people and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience with JIRA, Splunk or Netezza
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to interpret policies and standards and translate to audience-appropriate communications (web, briefing slides, etc.).
- Ability to conduct research and analyses to resolve problems, identify root causes, and offer corrective action(s)
Chevo ranks on the 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50 list and is a winner of the 2012 through 2020 Alliance for Workplace Excellence (AWE) Seal of Approval!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.