Junior Contracts Specialist
Chevo is hiring an experienced Junior Contracts Specialist to join our expanding firm. This position provides the opportunity for significant client interaction by learning the client’s business better than they know it and to become a trusted advisor. Ideal candidates will demonstrate versatility in understanding and performing work related to Federal Government Acquisition Management, including pre-award and post-award acquisition and contract management support. Client location is Arlington, VA and is metro accessible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in procurement planning/forecasting and obligation plan monitoring for federal government acquisitions
- Assisting in planning and drafting required Purchase Requisition documentation, which may include: Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statements of Work (SOW), Acquisition Plans (AP), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), Determination and Findings (D&F), and other relevant procurement documents
- Assisting with market research for requirements and developing Requests for Information (RFIs) and Sources Sought Notice
- Prepares Procurement Requests and documentation
- Preparing and maintaining reports and dashboards relaying the status of PR actions to senior management
- Creates and maintains a reporting mechanism for status of contracts.
- BA/BS in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years’ Federal acquisitions experience
- Prior experience using the PRISM contract writing system
- Ability to research and analyze contract and financial data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to update a SharePoint site with program documentation
- Previous DHS experience is a plus
- DAWIA or FAC/C certification is a plus
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMARTrip card employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.