Project Manager/Master Scheduler
Chevo is currently hiring for an experienced Project Manager and Master Scheduler, to join our expanding Project Management and Scheduling practice. This position provides the opportunity for significant client interaction by learning the client’s business better than they know it and to become a trusted advisor. Ideal candidates will have experience managing projects within the Project Scheduling domain. This position is located in the Washington, DC area and metro accessible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a single point of contact for the CO and the COR
- Responsible for ensuring conformity to contractual obligations, establishing and maintaining master plans and schedules
- Perform day-to-day management of overall contract support operations
- Prior Experience with:
- Reviewing, tasking, staffing, and workload distribution of team members
- Developing and managing Integrated Master Schedules (IMSs) across programs
- Creates a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and uses it to create and maintain a complex Integrated Master Schedule with multiple interrelated releases and projects in MS Project Professional
- Builds “dynamic” project schedule with minimum task constraints
- Performs Critical Path Analyses (CPA)
- Supporting communication with project stakeholders to report on project progress, receive and document feedback, and implement corrective actions if necessary.
- Coordinate various task forces, working groups, coordination councils, etc.
- Coordinate and lead in the development of pre-planned reports and studies
- Develop briefing materials and recommendations for decision makers
- Creates tracking reports and Dashboards from MS Project for various levels of client management
- Ten (10+) years of experience with DHS or DoD
- Five (5+) years of Project-based scheduling experience
- Five (5+) years of experience managing projects and contracts
- Experience and expertise in the development, implementation and management of a large MS Project Server/ scheduling of programs
- Possess a Program Management Professional (PMP) certification or other similar management certification
- Ability to pass client security clearance requirements.
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong consulting (10+ years consulting experience), writing, and client handling skills
- Prior experience using a deliverable oriented WBS to create project schedules.
- Prior experience in creating and maintaining MS Project Integrated Master schedules with Program, Release, and associated project schedules with external dependencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to clients
- Strong analytical skills – assertive and inquisitive manner that allows the individual to take indirectly related and orally communicated information and transform it into actionable information
- Expert skill with MS Project Professional and Project Server
- PMI-Scheduling Professional, International Institute of Learning (IIL) “Orange Belt” or higher certification on Microsoft Project or similar certifications.
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMARTrip employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval and winner of Washington Technology Magazine FAST50 for 2020? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.