CPIC Program Manager
Chevo is hiring an experienced CPIC Program Manager to lead a large portfolio of IT investments. This position provides significant client interaction by learning the client’s business needs and to become a trusted advisor. Ideal candidates will demonstrate versatility in understanding and performing work related to a Federal Budgeting and Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) program and IT Governance and is an expert in CPIC data, creating solutions for data presentation, constructing Excel formulas to achieve desired results, creating/maintaining customized forms to meet needs, drafting and maintaining internal branch procedural documentation. This position is located on-site with the client in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all phases of the CPIC process (Select, Control, and Evaluate), including investment selection process, change management and closeout activities throughout the investment life cycle
- Assist with investment prioritization and strategic alignment as well as reporting investment execution status and performance.
- Develop CPIC and portfolio analyses and reports in support of the OIT investment decision making by the CPIC governance authorities.
- Develop and maintain a Calendar for annual CPIC activities.
- Support all CPIC data calls and analytical investment reporting.
- Support OIT staff in developing project investment proposals, business cases, and annual Office of Management and Budget (OMB) IT Portfolio Summary, Business Cases (formerly OMB Exhibit 300s), and Investment Reports.
- Ensure that the IT Portfolio Summary and Business Cases, budget information, and project management data are consistent across the investment life cycle.
- Support and facilitate CPIC governance meetings
- Develop custom training and coach the SEC program and project managers on CPIC processes and the use of enterprise project and portfolio management application
- Develop and deliver formal and informal training and customer outreach Perform duties associated with the Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process in satisfying the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) preparation, submission and execution of the budget (OMB-A-11) requirements for Information Technology, e-Government, and capital assets management.
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in a technical management or business management related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of information technology experience
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in IT Portfolio Management and CPIC
- Experience in working at Agency/Bureau level to implement CPIC/Budget
- Ability to pass client clearance requirements
- Knowledge of federal budget processes and authorizations
- Experience developing Business Cases and Cost Benefit Analysis for Federal Program
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to clients
- Ability to interpret policies and standards and translate to audience-appropriate communications (web, briefing slides, etc.).
- Ability to conduct research and analyses to resolve problems and offer corrective action
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMART card employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.