Business Solutions Architect
Chevo is currently hiring a Business Solutions Architect to join our expanding firm. This position will provide the opportunity for significant client interaction by learning the client’s business and to become a trusted advisor. The ideal candidate will demonstrate versatility in understanding and performing work related to defining business and system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. This position is currently working remotely but will be located onsite with the client in New Carrollton, MD and is Metro accessible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes an active role in IT portfolio investment strategies by assessing and rationalizing proposed enterprise capabilities
- Partner in the IT strategic planning process by providing input to the scope definition of strategic initiatives, leveraging capabilities, and creating capability Heatmaps to give visibility to impacts, dependencies, overlaps, and opportunities. Key Deliverables include (but not limited to): Capability Model, Capability Heatmaps, Capability Maturity Assessments, Capability Impact Assessments, Capability Health Assessments & Capability Roadmaps)
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities that interact with the business; and explain which people, resources, and controls are involved in the processes.
- Advocate and drive adoption of “best practices” to ensure standardization of business architecture outputs across the enterprise
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to measures that provide ongoing governance
- Advises on execution strategy and leads the development and deployment of functional programs or initiatives across multiple specialties
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities, and business units, decomposition those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those groups.
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions with business leaders to identify business capabilities to current and future business objectives
- Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and can focus on critical points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical or business management discipline
- 10 years’ experience that includes at least 5 years as a Business/Solutions Architect
- Excellent report writing and communication skills as well as high proficiency in utilizing Microsoft tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Visio
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to clients
- Ability to interpret policies and standards and translate to audience-appropriate communications (web, briefing slides, etc.).
- Ability to conduct research and analyses to resolve problems and offer corrective action
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SmarTrip employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.