Chevo Consulting is currently hiring a Budget Lead to join our expanding financial management practice. The ideal candidate will have experience preparing, analyzing, monitoring, controlling and interpreting budget processes within IT capital planning, program, acquisition, and financial management practices. Primary Location Washington DC and is metro accessible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing budget leadership and oversight for budget activities
- Direct a team of two direct reports in performing budget formulation and execution activities
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting Business processes, IT Technical details, IT Capital investments, etc. in areas such has resource, program, budget, acquisition, and financial management practices
- Reconciliation of Financial Transactions with Execution Plan by reviewing transactions in the client financial systems for comparison with budget.
- Provide development and updates for Travel Ceiling Reports, Funds Transfer Log, Resource Proposal Analysis, Holding Account Ledger, Funds Status Reports, Out Year Cost Analysis, Open Obligations, and Weekly Financial System reporting
- Compile Budget Requests including annual reviews, coordination for obtaining budget request information, performing comparisons between prior year, current year, and future year budget requests to identify options for executive level decision making
- Perform analysis of approved requests and lessons learned from that year after Budget and Execution Committees
- Administration of annual Executive Committees to include compiling the read ahead material and taking notes/meeting minutes for the multi-day budget review. Read ahead material consists of senior leadership budget guidance, financial guidance, and all budget requests
- Provides financial analytics through development and management of complex pivot tables, conditional formulas/formatting. Imports data from existing databases for the purpose of financial reporting
- Quickly producing documentation and diagrams that illustrate the discussion for presentation back to the group followed by subsequent revision cycles
- Assisting with facilitation, interviews, and data gathering sessions
- Working with customers to understand and resolve business problems
- Developing presentations and reports conveying complex budget/financial information to senior executives and performing technical writing/editing on project documents and presentations.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in Federal Information Resource Management (A-11 ) in areas such as program, budget, and financial management practices
- 4+ years’ experience in providing consulting services
- Knowledge of federal budget processes and authorizations
- Experience in working at Agency/Bureau level to implement Budget
- Advanced skills in Excel spreadsheet
- Strong knowledge in building budget and execution models using Excel
- Ability to conduct research and analyses to resolve problems and offer corrective action
- Ability to pass client clearance requirements
- Prior management experience
- Working knowledge of federal procurement processes, and tools especially within civilian agencies
- Ability to interpret IT Technical details and translate to financial requirements
- Understanding of CPIC as it relates to budget formulation and execution
- Ability to interpret Business Processes and translate to financial requirements
- Ability to interpret policies and standards and translate to audience-appropriate communications (web, briefing slides, etc.)
- Must have strong interpersonal communications skills as this person will be primarily working with executive level staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to clients and executive level personnel
- Strong analytical skills – assertive and inquisitive manner that allows the individual to take even indirectly related and orally communicated information and transform it into actionable information
- Proficiency with Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMART card employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.