Senior Associate - Creative Content Writer
Job Description – Sr. Associate - Creative Content Writer (New Delhi):
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
We put students first. Everything we build @ Chegg is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. A recent research study “State of the Student” shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on providing affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships, Thinkful and more, to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to learn.
About the role:
We are looking for someone who can think outside the box, and write eye-catching, witty, passionate content that aids not just in promoting our services but also in building a ‘voice’ across various platforms in the Ed-Tech space. Apart from language skills, the candidate must possess the ability to understand consumer so that the content can be tailored to attract maximum eyeballs. This creative content writer will be a part of our creative media team working alongside creative designers to manage stakeholder expectations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create, proofread, own all content used for promotion and marketing of our products/services
- Collaborate with design team to write marketing copies for communication collaterals
- Writing wide variety of content for multiple platforms (marketing emails, social media captions, promotional messages/notifications, blogs, articles, banners, case studies, presentations, voiceover scripts etc.)
- Writing content in different tones – modern/witty/new age, traditional, celebratory, informative, sympathetic, announcements etc.
- Using SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Ensure all-around consistency (language, style, fonts, images and tone)
- Analyse and measure content marketing metrics
Must Have skills:
- Excellent command on the English language – verbal and written, superb vocabulary
- Min. 4 years of hands-on experience in writing marketing collaterals for social media platforms and digital marketing campaigns
- A creative bent of mind with a natural flair for writing, especially in modern/new age/witty tone
- Ability to write content in a variety of formats (long form, short form, captions etc.) and styles for multiple audiences
- Knowing sound English isn’t good enough, the candidate must be able to think from a consumer’s perspective and bring out creativity in every piece of content written
- A strong sense of initiative and follow through
Good to have skills:
- Experienced blogger with large follower base
- Creative design skills
- Graduation or a higher degree of qualification with a major in English literature, journalism, psychology, interactive copywriting, or equivalent
Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Life at Chegg India - https://experts.cheggindia.com/
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer