Instructor - Software Engineering, Thinkful
Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed software developers. As an Immersive Course Instructor, you will deliver high quality live workshop content based on existing curriculum, provide support to students in completing their daily tasks as well as capstone projects, and prepare students to successfully transition careers.
In addition to working directly with students, Instructors are expected to maintain an environment of regular, candid feedback with the Educator Experience team, and to stay on top of important updates via meetings, emails, and Slack. Ideal candidates for this team are highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Delivers high quality workshops based on the curriculum materials, and provides live coding demos when appropriate, to supplement written materials and content to provide students with the skills and knowledge to get their first developer job
- Maintains and updates the daily and weekly student syllabus which outlines the required homework and assignments, and deadlines for assessments and projects
- Maintains and updates the daily student performance and attendance documents, reports student status to the right teams and follows up on a timely manner to ensure students’ success
- Provides daily on-demand video and chat support for students as they move through the program assignments
- Spends up to 4 hours a day prepping for workshops and updating course materials as needed
- Works with the other Format Leads for engagement formats (Mentor Sessions, Group Sessions, Grading, Technical Coaching, Mock Interviews/Assessments) to ensure that consistent experience is happening for students in immersive courses
- Works with the Academic Success Management (ASM) team to ensure student success in a timely manner
- Provide constructive feedback to the Instructional Design team on improvements to the course materials and curriculum based on student experience with the materials
- Expertise with Data Structures and Algorithms, and comfort explaining these topics with examples and analogies to students
- Ability to explain complicated topics clearly and without jargon
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a remote environment and understanding how to collaborate and communicate in such an environment.
- Be comfortable and maintain composure working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to raise and solve problem in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving skills
- High level of detail orientation and an exceptional work ethic
- Enjoy working with people, not just putting your head down and working
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection with clear audio and video in a non distracting workplace
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional Web development experience
- Teaching experience, especially in a remote or online class
- Ability to manage remote classroom without a lot of direct supervision
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered for individuals and meaningfully covered for families
- 401k plan options
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Expand your skills with free Thinkful courses and a Mentor, plus discounts for friends and family
- Commuter Benefits Card via WageWorks
- Paid Parental Leave
- If you are interested in this position please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
- We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you're talented and driven, please apply.
- Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
- United States Remote: This is a remote-based opportunity that may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.