Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Job Location - New Delhi
Your goal – to improve the education process and better the lives of students -- through Data
Science, Image processing and Machine Learning.
The organization: Data Science for Learning Services
Data Science and Machine Learning are core to Chegg: as a Student Hub, we want to ensure that
students discover the full breadth of learning solutions we have to offer. To create the most relevant
and engaging interaction, we are solving a multitude of ML problems so that we can better model
student experience, link various types of content and provide a personalized experience.
The Role: Senior Data Scientist- Machine Learning
The Senior Data Scientist focusing on Image Processing will use machine learning expertise to define,
design and develop data product solutions at Chegg. You will lead in identification and
implementation of key projects to process visual data and link various types of content and facilitate
knowledge discovery. You will partner with the analytics and data engineering teams to deliver
production-ready tools and packages.
• Develop adaptable ML solutions including image detection, classification and extraction
• Identify and prioritize projects for the company use cases
• Identify key evaluation metrics and release requirements for products within Chegg
• Integrate new data and design workflows
• Innovate, share and educate team members and community
• Professional degree (BTech., BSc., MSc. or PhD.) in either of computer science, engineering,
statistics or computational linguistics
• 4 + years of experience in machine learning, natural language processing, information
retrieval, signal processing, recommendation systems
• Hands-on experience with image processing including image detection, OCR and image to
• Strong programming skills in Python/R/Java/Scala/Linux/Unix scripting
• Experience using containers to deploy real-time prediction services
• Experience with deep learning and/or NLP techniques a plus
• Ability to think about problems from a data perspective, establish conceptual connections to
data sources, understand relationships among data, see the forest and the trees, be
comfortable with uncertainties/approximations.
• Designing evaluation tasks for data science products, crowdsourcing
• Excellent communication skills, curiosity and sense of humor
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer