Role: Engineering Manager
Location: New Delhi
Your goal – to improve the education process and better the lives of students -- through providing high-quality common workflows for 4 million students
The ideal candidate is an experienced engineering leader with extensive knowledge about software development. You are a high achiever who is keen on bringing everyone along. You are passionate about technology while remaining practical on implementation. You are an advocate of best practices who have the necessary technical and people skills to implement them.
Chegg is the leading student-first connected learning platform, and we are looking for an Engineering Manager who will help us deliver on our promise to put students first. You will be responsible for delivering key common workflows shared by Chegg products including Study, Textbooks, Tutors, and Writing Tools. You will be collaborating across function teams including Product Managers, PMO, Marketing and Operation, etc., to deliver delightful experiences for our 3 million plus student customers.
- Lead a team of talented engineers and coach them to their full potential.
- Lead by example in software development best practices, agile development and cross-team collaboration.
- Bring in and influence engineering optimizations
- Work with Product Managers and partners to define business roadmaps.
- Work with architects and fellow engineers to define technical architectures and execution plans.
- Execute against business and technology roadmaps by collaborating with other engineering teams.
- Be accountable for the outcomes, measured by appropriate metrics
- Serve as a main contact person for support issues and escalations.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- 8+ years of recent Frontend Web and back-end development experience.
- Experience with mainstream frontend technologies such as React, AngularJS, BFF, GraphQL and Node.js.
- Experience with mainstream backend technologies such as Java, Spring boot, RDBMS, NOSQL etc.
- Extensive experience of running teams in an agile environment.
- Deep experience with the full software development life cycle.
- Strong ability of architectural design and discussion.
- Experience delivering large scale, low latency, high availability software services
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- A team person who is flexible and adaptable when working across multiple product teams.
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical insights to non-technical audience.
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
For More Information: https://jobs.chegg.com/
HYPERLINK "https://jobs.chegg.com/"Chegg is an equal opportunity employer.