Lead Engineer - Backend
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher
education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a
publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland,
India, Israel, Berlin, and Ukraine. Chegg Student Hub Services Include: Chegg Study, Chegg
Tutoring, Chegg Writing Tools, Test Prep, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College
Life at Chegg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHnkwiD7Oo
Chegg Benefits: http://www.chegg.com/jobs/benefits
Chegg for Good: http://blog.chegg.com/category/chegg-for-good/
Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2015: http://bit.ly/GDBPTW
For more information, visit www.chegg.com
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
About the Team
Not only Shared Service Team/Platform team is expected to deliver software that is going to be used
by various other teams within Chegg but also to lead a feature from design to delivery.
That inherently means that team needs to deliver reliable, scalable, high quality and highly available
software. Team will be responsible for maintaining stability of the shared service/platform
And providing support to the teams consuming the service. Team will be expected to gather
Requirement from other teams and convert them into features.
Position: Lead Software Engineer, Personalization Platform Engineering Team
This position is full-time and based in our New Delhi engineering office.
• Oversee all software development activities Personalization Platform Engineering Team
• Engage with Technical Leads and Senior Engineers in design discussions and clearly articulate
those to the Personalization Platform Engineering Team.
• Reinforce best practices in development by conducting regular design and code reviews.
• Ability to triage technical issues and code.
• Mentor and develop technical talent.
• Guide the creation and support of highly scalable and fault tolerant systems. On-time delivery of
quality content is utmost critical for the organization.
• Setting the example of what great clean code is while mentoring those around you to do the
• Drive process improvements
• Proven team lead with excellent organizational, project planning and team leadership skills
• Working Experience of 7-10 years in product based medium to large organizations.
• Proven track record of working with remote engineering teams.
• Strong hands-on development experience with Java/J2EE frameworks like SpringBoot including
test driven development.
• Strong experience working with microservices and event driven architectures using message
brokers like Kafka, SQS/SNS
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark is a big plus.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• You will have the ability to identify performance bottlenecks.
• Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
• B. Tech/M. tech/MCA/M.Sc. in Computer Science or related discipline with good academic