Software Engineering Mentor, Thinkful
Who We Are
At Thinkful, a Chegg Online Learning Service, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. We partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to the ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career services for our students than any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no other school works as hard for its students as we do. Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technologists.
As a Course Mentor, you will support students by acting as an advisor, counselor, and support system as they complete the course and land their first industry job. To achieve this, you will engage with students in weekly 1-on-1 mentoring sessions bringing with you your industry knowledge and technical expertise to provide them with support and guidance as they progress through the curriculum.
- Mentor Sessions: Meet with students 1-on-1 in online video sessions to provide technical and professional support as the student progresses through the curriculum.
Ideally, Mentors display genuine student advocacy and are comfortable working in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- 1099 continuous Contract opportunity, on average mentors, work 3-15 hours per week
- 4+ years relevant professional work experience
- Node.JS and React.JS at an industry level; full MERN stack proficiency a plus
- Demonstrates genuine student advocacy and empathy for beginners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be coachable and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection and webcam
- Teaching, mentoring and/or coaching experience a plus
- Fully remote position, with a flexible schedule
- Access to all Thinkful Course Curriculum for your continued learning
- Community of 500+ like-minded professionals looking to impact others and keep their skills sharp
Reach Out To Us
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
United States Remote: This is a remote-based opportunity that may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.