Principal Software Engineer
Chegg’s Motto : Students First
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first...Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 chat based help, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Future of Education
Dan Rosensweig CEO of Chegg:
- The Future of Tech Driven Education
- ASU+GSV Summit Predicts The Future with Dan Rosensweig, CEO of Chegg.
Education and Technology: https://medium.com/chegg/education-in-the-era-of-technology-cfe67522b2a4
Our Values : https://www.chegg.com/about/what-we-stand-for/ Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: https://www.chegg.com/about/working-at-chegg/india/
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Israel: https://www.chegg.com/about/working-at-chegg/israel/
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
For more information, visit www.chegg.com
You are both a big picture thinker and in-depth problem solver, your knowledge and skills are both broad and deep.
You take pride in designing systems that stand up to high volumes and won't fail at critical points.
You care about software; you are passionate about what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions.
You are well-versed with architectural principles and can think about various aspects of requirement
You have a good mix of technical and enterprise skills when it comes to architecting a solution. The solutions you design are built for the long-term and will scale with companies growth plans seamlessly.
Under this job role, we are looking for two separate profiles, one who has sufficient hands on experience in building large scale consumer facing applications. Second to work closely with various stakeholders, engineering managers, senior developers, product managers and architects, to discuss projects specs, strategies and deliverables and to ensure building and running a world-class product and experience.
- Own and lead architectural sessions, technical design sessions and document technical solutions aligned with business/engineering objectives.
- Participate in architecture discussions, work with different teams for finding best architectural solutions, practices and reference architectures across geographies.
- Work continuously on future of technologies in Chegg and envision if early adoption can benefit the business.
- Envision and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements, deliverables, and set and manage expectations.
- Ability to identify gaps between current and desired end states.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 15+ years of experience in software development building successful production software systems.
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, design patterns, object-oriented analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of key design patterns, platform security capabilities ,large data volume limitations, cloud technologies, trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation along with stakeholder management.
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape with an ability to design scalable, performance-driven, resilient and reliable solutions., identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business/engineering outcomes.
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented programming languages preferably Java/TypeScript on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment and in an ownership and results-oriented culture.
- Strong background in design/development of large web-based systems, or complete software product lifecycle exposure.
Equal Employment Statement:
Chegg is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.