Senior Financial Analyst, Mathway
Senior Financial Analyst, MathwayFinance Team | Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Implement best practices for forecasting, analysis, and planning to support Chegg’s Mathway business. Responsibilities will include monthly forecasting, initiatives sizing, annual and long-range planning, as well as system/reporting upgrades.
Develop and maintain a forecasting model to accurately forecast Mathway revenue and cost of sales, including underlying drivers. Conduct variance analysis to account for discrepancies and the financial impact. Develop templates, analyses, models, dashboards in a scalable manner. Use Tableau or equivalent business intelligence tools to build dashboards for the key stakeholders to access all the information they need to develop various financial planning models.
Build financial models to quantify the impact of certain Mathway initiatives (e.g. revenue growth initiatives, integration efforts) on the company’s financial statements and assess their feasibility. Closely monitor results and re-calibrate parameters as needed. Understand, document, define and monitor how the payment processing success rates are functioning by analyzing trends, deep dive into the data as necessary to identify enhancement opportunities, and make recommendations as needed. Verify outputs of the financial system and dashboards and resolve or escalate them as needed.
Analyze historical & market data on Mathway customer behavior to accurately forecast future results. Understand various market shifts and internal initiatives’ potential impact on the business. Come up with strategies to make sure the company complies with all these regulations at minimum cost.
- Job Duties:
Implement best practices for forecasting, analysis and planning to support Chegg’s Mathway business. Responsibilities will include close collaboration with the business & Chegg finance team to plan & budget, model financials, monitor & analyze results, and forecast Mathway Revenue and Cost of Sales.
Planning & Budgeting
- Lead development of Chegg’s Mathway financial process, including development and submission of the financial planning models.
- Cross-collaborate & ensure alignment with LS & Corp Finance, Controllership, Operations, Marketing, Ads, and Comp to ensure full Mathway ecosystem is accurately captured in the financial planning process.
- Work closely with the Mathway business team to conduct What-If and Scenario analysis s new business considerations develop.
- Build financial models to quantify the impact of certain Mathway initiatives (e.g. revenue growth initiatives, integration efforts) on the company’s financial statements and assess their feasibility.
- Finetune existing Mathway models to closely align with subscriber growth drivers in order to accurately predict results, and measure growth opportunities (product & marketing initiatives, etc.) and risks for the business and model out the financial impact.
- Use business intelligence tools to build dashboards for the key stakeholders to access all the information they to support various financial models.
Monitoring & Analysis
- Closely monitor daily performance results and quickly investigate underlying drivers of variances.
- Conduct analysis to account for the financial impact of new trends or other changes to the business.
- Develop templates, analyses, models, dashboards in a scalable manner.
- Maintain and upgrade the Mathway financial forecasting model including revenue and cost of sales, and underlying subscription drivers.
- Analyze historical & market data on Mathway customer behavior to accurately forecast future results.
- Remain alert to various market shifts and internal initiatives to determine and reflect the anticipated impact in financial forecasts & plans.
- Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Statistics, or closely related quantitative discipline plus one (1) year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience in the field of business analysis or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Statistics, or closely related quantitative discipline plus three (3) years of experience relevant to the job offered.
- Special Skill Requirements: (1) Advanced Excel Modeling; (2) Advanced Tableau or equivalent business intelligence tools; (3) Advanced SQL or equivalent query language. At least two (2) years of experience in the majority of the above special skills is required. Subscriptions and/or Ed Tech industry exposure a plus but not required.
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer