Content Specialist - Mathematics
Content Specialist – Mathematics
Job Location – Delhi
The Role & Responsibilities:
• Highlight the current challenges the team is facing with the subject coverage development process
• To describe how these challenges can be significantly reduced
• Optimize the current subject development process so the team can move faster at a high quality
• Better predict and communicate the capacity and trajectory of math subject coverage to business and other stakeholders
• Improve Chegg Math tools ability to provide structured solutions to math questions students may have when they have them.
• The Mathematics Content Specialist will work as an individual and as part of a team to identify and create content for our mathematics solver.
• Understanding and evaluating our math solver.
• Analysing what topics our competitors cover and how well they cover it (e.g., competitor gaps in
• Algebra / Calculus and coverage in future subjects)
• Work with product management to document existing math taxonomy and expand. Focus areas will be Geometry and Higher Ed STEMB subjects.
• From these subjects identifying topics that our product could develop and collaborating with product and engineering to make these topics come to fruition.
• Conducting thorough, high-quality review of content development.
• Helping analyse our data to support changes that our students need and want
• Serve as a math learning ambassador to drive ideas that support students
• Continuously taking initiative to make our product a tool learner can trust and rely on
• QA’ing the learning
• Analysis of feedback and input
• Content coverage
o Competitor gaps
o Topics in future subjects
o Math Taxonomy
o Collaborating with product / engineering team to recommend order in which topics can be covered
Experience in teaching math, to assist with subject coverage research. This alleviates the current bottleneck and enables the engine team to have a more in-depth understanding of topics in advance for comprehensive roadmap planning.
• Proficiency in Mathematics content (especially Calculus, Statistics, Trigonometry, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Calculus based Physics).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organization, administrative, time management and presentation skills.
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
• Creative, motivated, and able to work well individually and with a team.
• Desire to create high-quality content to help students understand math.
• Master’s degree in Mathematics Education, or related area.
• Experience in teaching / Tutoring experience would be preferred as well
• Experience in curriculum development and/or publications for mathematics education.
• Knowledgeable of key shifts in instruction, EdTech, as well as current research in mathematics pedagogy.
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools
from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly held company based in Santa Clara, California, and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher education learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to the student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer