Senior Mobile UX Designer
Senior Mobile UX Designer
Chegg: Mobile applications
The mobile division is central to Chegg’s products and services that provides the experiences to help grow the user base and increase lifetime value. Our teams are constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to help students get into the right college, save money on their books and master their classes throughout our mobile products.
The position is temporary.
Role: Mobile UX Designer
As a Senior Mobile UX Designer on the team, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorm meetings to pixel-perfect results. As part of the UX design team, you will be expected to deploy your set of interaction and visual design skills and be the owner of the experience for all our mobile products. In addition to interaction and visual design skills, you will need to exceed in collaboration with other teams and master great communication skills as we interact with our global teams.
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager and Engineering Manager. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, usage scenarios, task analysis, interactive prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, design guidelines, and other UX design deliverables.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Have a good understanding of current design patterns and guidelines for both mobile and web and be able to create a coherent cross-device experience.
- Help design and maintain design pattern library and style guide that will be used across Chegg apps.
- Ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand, and are consistent.
- 5+ years as a mobile user experience designer.
- An expert in creating excellent experiences on all mobile platforms.
- High degree of creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience.
- Strong conceptual, visual, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks), Zeplin, Principle, or similar tools to create user interfaces and experience.
- Experience with a responsive design for desktop-to-mobile products.
- Relentless attention to detail and to consistency.
- Ability to collaborate with the larger team.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, or related field - Advantage.
- Experience designing consumer products.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes using HTML/CSS, InVision, or other prototyping tools.
- Experience designing components or patterns as a part of a larger design system.
- Digital illustration skills.
Chegg out our culture!
Chegg is a certified Great Place to Work!: