Sales Operations Manager
Sales Operations Manager
Location: Portland, OR
The Problem: The entire education landscape is undergoing tremendous change. Tuition costs have skyrocketed, course offerings have grown and increasingly gone digital, and the gap between the skills required to land a job and skills provided by college courses is widening. For students, navigating the path of choosing colleges, scholarships, courses, supplemental learning aids, internships, and ultimately a career, is nothing short of daunting. For educators, concerns about academic integrity and protecting intellectual property (as students turn more and more to digital solutions) are at an all-time high.
The Opportunity: Enable exponential growth of Chegg’s new Educator program by designing and managing efficient and effective [educator focused] sales processes, systems and tools .
Chegg’s Educator program aims to help students achieve better learning outcomes by investing in the learning content that students value most; created by educators they trust. Educators (e.g., professors, instructors, teachers) deserve to be compensated for the content they create and to be able to extend their content to audiences beyond the walls of the university or institution.
Our Educator Content Acquisition team will help us develop and refine our relationship with professors, instructors, and other educators. In your role as Sales Operations Architect, you will be responsible for establishing smooth, effective processes for Chegg’s new Educator program. You will partner with vendor and in-house teams to oversee the content acquisition funnel, design and build playbooks, manage sales tools, forecast acquisitions, and manage performance of this new sales team. This role sits within the broader Customer Support organization
- Act as an advisor to sales leaders though the entire sales lifecycle
- Manage vendor relationships and performance to goals
- Oversee the funnel of universities, educators, courses and topics; Manage conversion rates and optimize the balance of educators willing to participate in the program with the value of the content they are willing to license or sell
- Design efficient sales processes, systems and tools from the ground up
- Collaborate with marketing and analytic teams to define customer segmentation and targeting strategies
- Manage educator data, and define data requirements to manage the sales cycle
- Forecast opportunities and set goals for educator acquisition, content acquisition and quality and measure sales performance against those goals
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of sales in SaaS or software company.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Solid understanding of customer analytics and sales pipeline modeling
- BA/BS or relevant work experience in place of degree required.
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California, and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer#LI-AH