Content Lead - Engineering
Content Lead – Software Engineering
Content Operations | New Delhi, India
Chegg is currently hiring for Thinkful - one of its Online Learning Service.
At Thinkful, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time. Chegg India is a fully owned subsidiary of Chegg Inc. and has its offices in New Delhi and Visakhapatnam in India.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. We partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to the ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career services than any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no other school works as hard for its students as we do. Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to allow them to enter a new meaningful high growth career.
As part of our growth, Chegg India is looking to hire a Content Lead to support a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). The team you lead will provide support services to adult learners through a variety of Engagement Formats, including but not limited to: asynchronous grading feedback on student submissions, chat-based live technical tutoring, basic curriculum maintenance and improvements, and peer quality assurance work. The Content Lead plays a key role in serving adult learners by optimally utilizing their team resources to meet demanding SLAs across multiple time zones.
- Serve as key leader for a group of Subject Matter Experts delivering quality content across a variety of delivery formats
- Coordinate, supervise, motivate and manage the team for continued quality and efficiency
- Maintain thorough knowledge in all processes/activity guidelines and clarify processes and procedures for SMEs as needed
- Track team and individual performance against key metrics
- Effectively motivate and drive each SME to achieve their individual goals
- Responsible for effective utilization of SME’s time on core activities
- Run an effective 24/7 staffing model to meet the needs of students
- Compile daily/weekly/monthly reports on team metrics and activity, using data analytical skills to drive decision making
- Maintain a quality assurance processes across delivery formats
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of assigned Thinkful programs and curriculum
- Support recruitment, selection, and on-boarding of new staff
- Collaborate with the Training and Development team to implement training as needed
- Serve as a discipline expert to support SMEs and students, providing direct student services as team capacity necessitate
- Serve as an on-site leader for group of Admissions Live Chat agents
- Supervise the Live Chat team and manage to team enrollment targets
- Communicate and collaborate with Admissions Manager regarding LC agent performance
- Responsible for monitoring LC agent's daily productivity
- 4-7 years experience in Software Engineering preferably in the field of freelance teaching, coaching, online tutoring etc.
- 1+ years as a people manager; demonstrated exposure/experience of working in educational technology is a big plus, but not a limiting criteria
- Understanding of matrix organization structure and ability to navigate and thrive in the same
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong English proficiency, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated track record for excellent customer or student service
- A desire to constantly learn and a passion for adult education
- Willing to work in rotational shifts and week-offs as per business requirements
What is Chegg? An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Studentshows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer