Director - Product Management
Director of Product Management- Knowledge and Platforms
Job Location: New Delhi
Chegg Learning Services is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead the Knowledge and Platforms Product teams and who will drive the product vision and strategy and play a central role in the in the development of authoring tools, workflow engine for content lifecycle and systems that lead to high quality content across all subscription products.
Reporting to the VP of Knowledge and Platforms,[CK1] the ideal candidate is an experienced product leader who has a strong technical abilities, well-defined product management processes, great communication skills, along with the high motivation to achieve results. This is a great opportunity to have a significant impact and to help millions of students succeed in college.
- Manage a team of product managers, owning the product life-cycle, from discovery to implementation through analysis and iteration
- Define the product vision and strategy that will drive Knowledge and Platforms vision and strategy
- Comfortable working with ambiguity, broad problem areas and refining them to arrive at solid product strategy
- Define the product vision and strategy that will ensure the continuous delivery of high-quality content, through product authoring flows and tools
- Identify and implement product additions, changes, and improvements that support the goals of the director of content strategy, operations for e-learning
- Incorporate product measurement mechanisms to track content quality and Expert effectiveness, with guidance from the directors of content operations and e-learning
- Serve as a subject matter expert on product content management systems, and bring industry best practices into Chegg
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to thrive and drive product strategy in a complex cross functional set up
- Define and refine product management processes that support the continuous improvement of the product team
- Define, monitor, and report on key product metrics and review them with senior management
- Support the Product Managers by reviewing product requirements and user stories, and guiding them in communicating those effectively across teams
- Maintain standards for a data-driven approach to making decisions and gain user insight using rigorous A/B tests, qualitative user studies, and quantitative market research
- Work with the engineering and design teams team to deliver product experience that delight expert and student, and help determine the best implementation methods for product initiatives
- Work with the marketing and customer service teams to ensure product features are well communicated
- 7+ years of web product management experience
- 2+ years as a Director or VP of product, managing a team of product managers
- Experience in improving content quality and operational processes through product innovation
- Experience in utilizing industry-standard product management processes
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in making decisions in a data-driven environment
- Demonstrated experience communicating to different groups in the organization, including senior management
- Experience working closely with engineers and designers to build a product that delights users
- Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or Product Design degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with the supplier side of 2-sided marketplace products
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with the expert demographics (not necessarily in ed-tech)
- Experience working with educational content
- Experience in working with local and remote teams
- Experience in utilizing A/B testing
- MBA from a reputed institute
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California, and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher education learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
[CK1]VP of Knowledge & Platforms.