Manager, Business Analytics
Manager, Business Analytics (Learning Services)
Analytics | Santa Clara, CA | Chegg Headquarters
The Learning Services Analytics group supports every business, product and marketing analytics within Learning Services. It is a team composed of analysts and data scientists that have a wide variety of backgrounds from engineers, mathematicians and statisticians to economists. The team influences strategy and tactics of Chegg’s business, product & marketing roadmap, engages with financial planners and supports key aspects of business operations. We essentially do everything we can to enable Chegg’s growth.
Chegg is looking for a Manager, Business Analytics within the Learning Services Analytics org. This highly visible position will be responsible for partnering with Finance org to help leadership understand business performance and trends across all our subscription businesses in Learning Services and identify growth areas. You will be working with a team of analysts across the globe to enable insights and provide predictability to our subscription businesses. Success in this role is defined by –
· Holding yourself and team accountable for driving growth/mitigating risks along with providing insights and predictability.
· Building partnerships and communicating powerfully across all levels within the organization.
· Working with the Director of Analytics to proactively manage the business analytics roadmap and working with the rest of the data organization to enable this roadmap.
· Hiring, mentoring and growing the team.
· Lead a team of analysts to use data and analytical/statistical methods to provide insights into business performance.
· Coach and mentor the team to adopt appropriate analytical approaches to improve predictability and build forecast models with high degree of accuracy and scalability.
· Identify key opportunities and risks in the business plan.
· Partner with other analytics groups and stakeholders (Finance, Product, Marketing, Content) to influence the roadmap to address opportunities and risks.
· Own the storytelling – communicate powerfully and effectively to partners and stakeholders.
· Own and drive the analytics roadmap for Business Analytics.
· Partner with data teams to support the vision, roadmap and delivery of analytics infrastructure that ensures reliable delivery of high quality data and insights.
· Proactively and constructively question status quo, influence change within the organization to enable growth.
· Strong analytical skills, organization skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to understand the big picture and the fine details around each business area.
· Ability to communicate clearly with every level within the organization.
· Strong desire to go deep with the goal of becoming an expert in the student services business.
· Diligent and consistent ability to follow-through on long, comprehensive projects.
· Passionate about building high performance teams.
· Strong business acumen and a bias for action. Passionate about building high performance teams.
· 8+ years of demonstrated success in analytics in B2C, experience in subscription industry preferred.
· Master’s degree; technical fields preferred (Business, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, etc).
· Extensive experience in forecasting, business modeling and scenario analysis required.
· Strong business acumen, analytical and presentation skills.
· Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in setting up scalable analytical solutions and forecasting models for high growth businesses.
· Advanced data manipulation, modeling and visualization skills (Tech stack: RedShift, Tableau, Python, Spark and Databricks).
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Studentshows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Thinkful (a Chegg Online Learning Service): https://www.thinkful.com/about/#careers
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer