Human Resources Business Partner – HRBP
Human Resources Business Partner – HRBP,
Location: Remote, anywhere in US
This is an exciting time to join Chegg! We’re the leading direct-to-student company in the U.S., offering innovative digital academic support products and services for college and high school students. We’re looking for an HR Business Partner who is equally passionate about our student-first mission to help students save time, save money and get smarter.
This position can be based remotely or in one of our office locations and reports to the Director of Human Resources.
The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven environment and has solid experience in a broad range of HR areas such as general HR, performance management, employee relations, career development, and organization development. With our transition to remote work, you will be key in improving communications, recognition, performance, and collaboration. You will partner with the HR COEs and appropriate team members to address specific needs for your assigned groups.
If you’re a talented HR Business Partner who wants to help us be at the forefront of innovative people and cultural practices rather than traditional HR, we’d love to talk with you!
- Provides HRBP coverage for the assigned group(s) and is part of the global Skills Team. As we continue to grow and scale, we need a strong, flexible, creative, results-oriented HR professional who can roll up his/her sleeves as well as provide strategic perspectives and impact.
- Works with our business and functional leaders to drive talent strategies that engage and retain our best leaders and employees as we continue to scale for growth.
- Facilitates talent planning, performance management, talent reviews, employee relations, employee engagement, change, and organization effectiveness.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition, Compensation, L&D, Benefits, and HR Operations to support or implement people strategies and processes for focal review, career development, leadership development, and diversity & inclusion.
- Understands the business goals, identifies and address systemic talent and organizational issues
- Engage and influence leaders to drive innovative People initiatives across multiple teams
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Experience and Requirements:
- 6-8+ years of experience in Human Resources
- 4-6 years of HRBP specific experience in companies with high engagement cultures and innovative people programs
- HR functional knowledge and experience; previous work in two or more functions a plus
- M&A Experience
- OD Experience
- Demonstrates Chegg Values and Leadership Competencies
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational issues and to influence key leaders and stakeholders for recommendations and alignment
- Strong systemic thinking; a data-driven, decision-maker; able to find the root cause of issues and gain leadership support to address opportunities
- Creative and pragmatic problem solver
- Proven ability to coach leaders
- A friendly and persistent style in working with leaders
- An important must is a proven ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders, multi-task and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-moving environment
- Track record of successfully working in a highly fluid, ambiguous, high growth environment
- Can scale from strategic to hands-on; having worked in both small/medium and big company environments is a plus
- High integrity; experience working with sensitive and confidential situations; track record of building strong trust and confidence with business leaders and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
What is Chegg?
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California, and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer