Subject Matter Expert - Data Analytics
Subject Matter Expert – Data Analytics
Content Operations | New Delhi, India
Chegg is currently hiring for Thinkful - one of its Online Learning Service.
At Thinkful, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time. Chegg India is a fully owned subsidiary of Chegg Inc. and has its offices in New Delhi and Visakhapatnam in India.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. We partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to the ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career services than any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no other school works as hard for its students as we do. Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to allow them to enter a new meaningful high growth career.
As a Subject Matter Expert, you’ll provide curriculum support to students through a variety of delivery formats, including but not limited to asynchronous grading feedback on student submissions and chat-based live technical tutoring. You might be helping them through a bug, explaining new concepts or reinforcing the fundamentals, or helping students problem-solve an assignment they are stuck on.Responsibilities:
- Support adult learners through a variety of delivery formats on a shift-based schedule
- Grading: Reviewing student checkpoints submissions and delivering written feedback, including analysis of projects and portfolios.
- Technical Coaching: Provide in-demand support to technical questions and guidance requests that come to the Technical Coaching team through text and video in a timely manner. This team also provides the Teaching Assistant support for immersive programs.
- Hit key performance metrics in order to meet customer SLAs
- Maintain understanding of discipline industry best practices as well as internal curriculum and assignments
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely fashion with empathy for the learner
- Additional tasks as assigned by manager; may include curriculum maintenance or quality assurance tasks
- Share feedback and report any platform or curriculum issues to lead/manager
- Subject expertise in one or more of Thinkful’s discipline offerings (discipline specific proficiencies and relative year’s experience listed below)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to explain complicated topics clearly and without jargon
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong English proficiency, both written and verbal
- Empathy for new learners, a desire to constantly learn and a passion for education
- Highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex,rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to work in rotational shifts and week-offs as per business requirements
- 2+ years relevant professional work experience
- Proficiency in SQL, Advanced Excel, Tableau, Python, Postgres, Strong Statistical Background, Experimental Design, A/B Testing at an industry level
- Data retrieving, cleaning and handling.
- Communicating business results and data visualization.
What is Chegg? An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Studentshows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg India: http://www.cheggindia.com/
Chegg Israel: http://insider.geektime.co.il/organizations/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer