Head of Recruiting
As every piece of the traditional economy is overturned, countless holdouts remain. You can identify them by their fax machines, door-to-door-salespeople, paper invoices, and checks.
Restaurants and small businesses are among the most persistent - they account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing, most of it happening offline. From the humblest NYC slice and a cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and a series of truck deliveries.
A relentless executive team has set out to change this reality, armed with deep industry and entrepreneurial experience, personal conviction, and financing from the early backers of Facebook, Lyft and Airbnb: Mike Maples (Floodgate) and Yuri Milner (DST).
With initial footholds in several major American urban centers, Cheetah is already streamlining the daily workflow of hundreds of restaurants and small business owners. Using Cheetah's services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah is eliminating the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient distribution centers. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight to a space that hadn’t changed much in decades. In the process, we're helping to reintroduce the small business owner to the small farmer, global supply chains to familiar faces; and delivery and logistics workers to increased mobility and new opportunities.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. Customers are no longer beholden to sales reps who lure them in with introductory pricing, only to slowly ratchet them up onto a precarious treadmill of balancing payments and cash flows. Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love doing: cook great food and provide excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers. No more rushing to unload your double-parked van, or waiting anxiously for a truck to show up with your weekly allotment of boxes.
About the Head of Recruiting role:
We are seeking a highly strategic, data-driven, and personable Head of Recruiting to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have experience designing, executing and directing a full-cycle recruiting strategy across various positions ranging from line-level staff to upper management. You will also be responsible for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the hiring process, managing applications, and serving as a valuable brand ambassador. You are talented, motivated and have a genuine passion for helping restaurants and other small businesses succeed!
- Lead all global recruitment efforts and processes, developing a comprehensive talent strategy across the organization.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership and HR to confirm hiring needs and requirements. Direct and oversee the hiring of upper management and executives.
- Ensure that we have the recruiting infrastructure in place as we scale into different markets.
- Create and implement new and effective interviewing procedures and techniques.
- Own Applicant Tracking Systems and evaluate company needs as we enter the next phase of growth.
- Mentor and evaluate the current recruiting team; hire and train new staff as needed.
- Define KPIs and recruiting metrics and reporting for the department.
- Manage external recruiters and agencies.
- Cultivate an amazing and unique candidate experience.
- 8+ years of professional Talent Acquisition experience, including both technical and hourly workforce recruiting
- A deep desire to work with all levels of the organization, from our hourly warehouse staff through our ELT.
- Experience in an organization that has gone through a rapid growth period
- High EQ - You have exceptional collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including humility, empathy, and a true love of people
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure
Benefits and Perks:
- Fun work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen and snack area
- Monthly catered lunches
- Company happy hours, team building events, and intramural sports teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan and flexible spending benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid growth!