With footholds in several major American urban centers, Cheetah is already streamlining the workflow of hundreds of restaurant and small business owners. Using Cheetah's services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah is eliminating the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient distribution centers. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight into a stagnant space.
About the Transportation Manager position
Forget everything you know about restaurant supply chain because we’re building something different! We are revolutionizing the industry and need an experienced Transportation Manager to oversee our inbound carriers and third-party delivery relationship. You will work with the supply chain, procurement, and logistics teams to ensure our inbound freight is on time and at the lowest possible cost to Cheetah. You will assist in managing our third-party delivery team to ensure each driver is meeting the highest customer satisfaction standards and our KPIs are world-class. You are a reliable, dedicated leader who has a passion for helping restaurants and small businesses succeed!
What you’ll do:
- Manage and drive our 3PL partner’s operational performance.
- Work with 3PL, data science, and technology teams to optimize routing solutions and improve on-time delivery performance.
- Direct all inbound logistics operations including transportation, exception management, data analytics, and on-time in full compliance.
- Assist in defining 3PL and carrier strategy to scale operations while optimizing cost.
- Oversee inbound cost metrics and KPIs.
- Ensure proper food safety practices are maintained.
- BA/BS Required
- 3+ years in a Transportation Role, preferably in the food & beverage industry
- Experience in high volume, fulfillment, or manufacturing environment required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills working with customers, vendors, and employees
- Computer savvy with experience working with Microsoft or Google office suite products
- Inbound logistics, third party management, and SQL expertise a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- The opportunity to be part of something BIG!
Cheetah does not and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Cheetah is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.