The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
*We are proud to announce our newly enhanced rates for our Direct Support Professional positions!*
We are searching for Resident Counselors to join our agency. We have opening in multiple locations throughout Capital District.
- Serve as a member of the person’s planning, implementation, and interdisciplinary teams
- Assisting, promoting, and providing independence in the daily treatment, care, and services of the people we support. Respect the person’s choices, lifestyle, and their dignity to take informed risks
- Help implement personalized habilitation services, which are outlined in their personalized care plan
- Assist in acquisition of skills, including basic activities of daily living, self-care and household management for the people we support
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of related experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to apply for this position
Shifts available throughout the Capital Region
Evening and Overnight schedules $1.00/hr differential paid for hours worked between Friday (3:00 pm) to Monday (9:00 am)
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.