RN Practice Manager - Primary Care
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation, and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a Registered Nurse Practice Manager to join our team.
This position is working in our Health Services department that is located in Albany, NY. The Health Services division provides specialized care needed by individuals who have disabilities. Services offered range from primary care to dental care to mental health services. The Center offers a seamless program of services to the people we serve, their families, and others in our communities.
The Practice Manager, Primary Care, contributes to the mission of the Center, Center Health Care, and programs by working collaboratively with directors and team members to ensure quality, state-of-the-art, effective services to all people we support and their families. Responsible for the overall management and coordination of Primary Care ensuring regulatory compliance and high quality patient care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees support staff and providers including interviews, orientation and training, supervising, performance appraisals, hiring, and separations in collaboration with the Senior Director of Practice Operations and Senior Medical Provider
- Collaborates with Senior Medical Provider to develop policies and procedures, care plans, and transitional projects, to assure best practice for the Primary Care Department
- Collaborates with the team for adequate and appropriate staffing to ensure recommended and prescribed care is provided in a timely manner.
- Recommends FTE required for meeting practice needs, and initiates staff requisitions to be submitted for approval
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all training including general and divisional & practice/department orientation, and Electronic Health Record (HER) orientation
- Oversees and coordinates day-to-day staffing levels by approving time of requests and adjusting changes in daily staff assignments due to patient appointment needs. Ensures the accuracy of attendance/payroll information for staff
- Participates in meetings to collaborate with team to develop and implement primary care quality initiatives
- Acts as a liaison with primary care staff, the Senior Medical Provider and the Senior Director of Practice Operations to ensure medical staff supervision and practice issues are discussed and resolved in a timely manner
- Associates degree in the field of nursing
- Current New York State License and Registration as a Registered Nurse in good standing and must be maintained at all times
- Maintains CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification at all times
- At least 5 years of job related experience, specifically in acute care or as an RN in a fast paced healthcare setting
At the Center for Disability Services, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.