Physical Education Teacher- Langan School
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a Physical Education Teacher to join our agency.
This position is located in our Albany, NY location.
- Develops and implements appropriate lesson plans incorporating interdisciplinary goals/objectives
- Co-ordinates classroom staff duties in regard to gymnasium activities according to program policies.
- Maintains a positive and accepting classroom environment for the students.
- Provides for and monitors the supervision and safety of students at all times.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters Degree preferred
- Specialized training, license, certification, skills: NYS Initial or Professional Certification in the field of Physical Education; WSI, Life Guarding and CPR; APE Certification is preferred, but not required
- The employee must regularly lift and or move individuals - may be required to lift 50 pounds independently, up to 150 pounds with assistance of another staff , and use a mechanical lift device as assigned
- New York State permanent certification in Special Education
- Masters Degree in Special Education
- Minimum of two years of experience with students with multiple disabilities.
- Creative and energetic
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.