Weekend Resident Counselor
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for Weekend Resident Counselors to support our Residential Programs at an enhanced compensation rate of $25.00 per hour, restrictions apply.
- Required to be flexible to work at any residential location as program and staffing needs change on a day to day basis
- Weekend shifts between the hours of 9pm Friday through 9am Monday
- Minimum of 12 hours, Maximum of 25 hours per week
- Must be have specialized training - First Aid, CPR, SCIP-R, OPWDD Medication Administration Certification, and CFDS Authorized Driver within the first six months of employment. Must complete additional program specific training requirements during first six months of employment. Employee must maintain certifications continuously to remain in this position.
- NYS Driver's License required
Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience Required: A minimum of two (2) years experience of job related experience, specifically in working with individuals with developmental disabilities or working in nursing home or home care settings required.