Teaching Assistant - Prospect Center
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation, and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a Teaching Assistant to join our team at Prospect Center.
This position is based out of our Prospect Center in Queensbury, NY. Prospect Center has been a leader in improving the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families in the Tri-County Area (Warren, Washington, and Saratoga counties). Our work in advocacy, education, services, and support has created a wider world of opportunity, greater acceptance and more integrated lives for people who have disabilities.
- Assist the teacher with activities designed to address student’s needs as outlined on their Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Duties may include preparing classroom materials, direct instruction of students, and custodial care of students.
- High School Diploma/GED required; college credits preferred.
- Will be required to obtain their NYS Teaching Assistant Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.