Teaching Assistant - Prospect Center, Queensbury, NY
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a Teaching Assistant to join our agency.
The successful candidate will be joining the Prospect Center, centrally located in the Queensbury, NY.
- Assist the teacher with activities designed to address student’s needs as outlined on their Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Duties may include preparing classroom materials, direct instruction of students, and custodial care of students.
- High School Diploma/GED required; college credits preferred.
- Will be required to obtain their NYS Teaching Assistant Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.