Bus Driver - $4,000 Sign On Bonus*
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation, and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are currently offering a Sign On Bonus for full time and part time drivers! *See below for details.
We are searching for Bus Drivers to join our agency.
This position is based out of our Transportation Department. The Center’s Transportation services makes it easier for the individuals and families we serve to take advantage of every available opportunity for program participation and service utilization. Over 500 individuals use our safe, professional transportation services every day. Our fleet of 66 specialized vehicles are equipped to transport children and adults who have disabilities and mobility challenges to Center programs, Center residences, healthcare providers, and other community locations throughout the Capital Region.
Our bus drivers provide safe and reliable transportation, operating various vehicles, in heavy or light city and highway traffic, in all weather conditions, following all rules and regulations.
This position offers flexible scheduling options for full time, part time and relief positions. This position is Monday through Friday - no weekends or major holidays!
- Transport the people we support, as scheduled, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reading and understanding the Transportation Needs Forms of the individuals riding on the vehicle.
- Driver may be required to work extra hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays) to meet transportation needs of the Center of the Center Transportation Services, Inc.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of the people that we support from vehicles.
- Responsible for daily pre/post-trip inspection of vehicles, including checking vehicle fluid levels.
- Notify Mechanic of all vehicle defects in accordance with department policy.
- All safety related equipment must be kept in proper working order and stored when not in use.
- Responsible for vehicle cleanliness, inside and outside of the vehicle at all times.
- May assist in preventative maintenance of vehicle and preparing vehicles for DOT inspections.
- Adhere to all standard safety practices and job, department, and Center policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Commercial Driver’s License B with passenger endorsement
- At least 5 years of experience, specifically in: Actively operating a motor vehicle
- Must be at least 21 years old and be able to lift a minimum of 100 pound
- Must be available to work out of Albany and Niskayuna locations
*Sign on Bonus: $4,000 for full time (minimum of 30 hours per week) new hires. $2,000 for part time (minimum of 20 hours per week) new hires. Rehires are not eligible for sign on bonus. Must be in good standing and an active employee at time of payout. Bonus to be paid out incrementally.
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.