Overnight Resident Counselor (Awake)
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
*We are proud to announce our newly enhanced rates for our Direct Support Professional positions!*
We are searching for Awake Overnight Counselors to join our agency.Responsibilities:
- Awake Overnight Counselors are on duty alone or with another Counselor while the individuals we support are sleeping.
- Must remain awake and available to assist individuals during their shift.
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of the residence and the individuals we support.
- Help implement the individuals’ personalized habilitation services, which are outlined in their personalized care plan.
- Provide hands on care to the people with who live in the home.
- Provide direction and assist the individuals to work on their goals
- Assist with activities both in the home, and out in the community.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months as a Resident Counselor to work 30- 40 hours overnight in one of our many locations in the Capital District is preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to apply for this position
Shifts available throughout the Capital Region: Evening and Overnight schedules $1.00/hour differential paid for hours worked between Friday (3pm) to Monday (9am)
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.