The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a Dining Assistant to join our agency.
This position is based out at the Prospect School in Queensbury, NY.
The Dining Assistant is to support the Children’s Services division by dining with students during scheduled times as assigned by the classroom teacher and therapist and under the supervision of the Manager of Clinical Services. In a classroom setting, the dining assistant will implement student specific dining plans including setting up, assisting the student with their meal, and cleaning up the area. The duties may include but are not limited to; following mobility fact sheets, dining fact sheets, behavior intervention plans and direct care plans of students.
- Dining with students in the classroom
- Implement personalized dining plans, which includes setting up, assisting the student with their meal, and cleaning the area.
- Following mobility fact sheets, dining fact sheets, behavior intervention plans, and direct care plans of the students.
1030a-1230p (Mon.-Fri.) preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of a minimum of 18 college credits preferred.
- Great communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Great amount of patience and flexibility
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.