Supportive Apartments Resident Counselor
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.Responsibilities:
- Assist the people we support with activities of daily living in their individual apartments.
- Must be self-directed, a good communicator, energetic, and part of a team.
- Drive his/her own vehicle, possibly transport people as needed.
- Oversee locations in Albany, Watervliet, Cohoes and Troy.
- Provide hands on care to the people we support
- Provide direction and assist the people we support to work on their goals
- Assist with activities both in a classroom setting and out in the community
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License in good standing and may be required to primarily use their own vehicle.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent. 1 year minimum experience in direct care is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to apply for this position.
Tuesday 1:00 pm-9:00 pm, Wednesday 2:30 pm-8:30 pm, Thursday 1:30 pm-9:30 pm, Fri 9:00 am-5:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am-7:00 pm
40 hr. schedule will be split between locations as needed.
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.